Friday, September 18, 2009

All blown up






We are having our baby at home. Both of our mothers are going to be present as well as our midwife and her assistant. We are very happy about our decision to have a home-birth, and both feel that this is what is best for us and our new family. So with this decision comes some preparation, starting with a birth tub. I do plan on having a water birth, though I am not completely married to the idea, the hot water tub will be there to ease some pain and if that is where I am when I actually give birth than great...but my plan is to have no plan. And if you haven't noticed our birth tub is little more than a blow up pool, though one that is tried and true in use for having babies. Chop had a grand old time blowing this up, and we were both glad he got to do it before I actually went into labor. So our birth room is now all set up and looking quite warm and welcoming. We are eager to use it!

4 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

I love the picture of Chopper blowing it up from a cord connected to his belly button!

You're ready! May teh "controlled sounds of pain" (ohhh, maaaa) help you as much as they did me, or not. I know it will all go swimmingly. ; )

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the warm tub helped me so much during my labors. Your plan to have no plan is just right. Sounds like you have lots of great support! Let your body and your baby guide you through :) Thinking of you and wishing you a safe and happy delivery day!

Anonymous said...

Umm, I don't have a google account... that last comment was from me! - Michelle K.

Emily said...

Those birthing balls are great too - I used one for both labors. Just sit down and relax, roll with it. They are good for before you actually go into labor too - Thinking of you and can't wait to hear the great news!