Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home

For the past 6 months Chop and I have been through the very stressful procedure of trying to buy a foreclosed house. Well this Monday, at approximately 1:00 pm, the stars aligned and we closed on our new home!! The process was painful (and expensive) to say the least, but we got a great deal on a good house in an awesome area, and we are both very happy.

We first found the house in January, saw the for sale sign and took a walk around the property. At that time we peered in the few windows that we had access to. The only room I had been able to get a good look at was the kitchen. A sage green with new cabinets, a tile floor, a porcelain two bay sink, and a door to the backyard. I new there was something special here and started right away with my visualizations (if you build it they will come). I had just found out I was pregnant, and new I wanted a home birth, because this was the only part of the house I had seen, I continuously envisioned myself giving birth in the kitchen. Now that it is ours, I will probably opt for a different birthing room, but the memory of that visual will stay with me. We had our offer in for about a month before I had the opportunity to see the rest of the house. Now I know I can buy house, on kitchen alone.

I am excited to post pictures for everyone to see. I forgot my camera the last time we were over there, but Chop and his family will be working there this weekend, while I am on the island working. I will send the camera with him, he takes a mean shot!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

ooh congrats! How exciting. the kitchen sounds lovely, and the door to the outside is great. yay for you both. can't wait to see pics.

eheff said...

congratulations! where's the house?

Anonymous said...

ahh.....
finally.
I'll try to remind him about photos this weekend. We'll be working hard getting things moved for you!
lots of love from Mom (Natalie)

Emily said...

Yay! This is very exciting! Where is it?

persephone said...

Thanks guys! The house is in Pawtuxet Village in Warwick. It has a cute town center with a yoga studio, thai restaurant, and ice cream shop, and it is right by water and parks. I think baby brown butterfield will be very happy there :)

Dulce said...

congratulations pErsephone and Chopper! It sounds wonderful! good luck with your move - love,
Dulce

eheff said...

that's great--that neighborhood is just perfect! congratulations!