Saturday, May 9, 2009

Too many temptations

Last night was the last session of the cleanse group, although most of the cleansers have a few more days to go. We discussed our changes in body, cravings, what we look forward to eating and how to best add foods in without completely dismanteling all that we've worked for. The last few days had become very difficult for me and I decided to come off of the cleanse after our last session, having completed a successful 5 days cleansing (while pregnant). I also managed to have a successful night cleansing while working a lobster dinner at The Atlantic Inn where I could have had a free lobster dinner. Talk about temptation, I almost broke when they brought out the strawberry shortcake, but a fellow cleanser was there and had turned down a drink, so I couldn't do it. Success!

Just to give you an idea of just how hard it can be...


Corn on the cob, I did have a little taste

Cole Slaw

Baked beans, mad with pork so I wouldn't be eating them anyway, but they sure smelled good.

All this cheese was left over and needed a home.

This pictures for Madeline.

The biggest temptation of them all.

Throughout every cleanse session, we spoke about preparation being one of the most important requirements to having a successful cleanse. Mental preparation is very important before beginning a cleanse, and being prepared with cleanse friendly food is super important throughout. You get hungry fast and not having something to grab can be detrimental. Before heading off to the lobster dinner Chopper and I had a lovely salad and some fruity rice for dessert. All cleanse friendly of course.Arugula salad with asparagus, roasted eggplant, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and spinach.

Stewed fruit with cinnamon and rice, delicious.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Did you save your lobster for me? ; ) I can't wait to have one this summer. Maybe one day I'll go on a lobster cleanse - nothing but for five days.

You are strong, Persephone, and so inspiring. I want to eat even better than I do when I come here.

Dulce said...

Hi Perseph:

I've been trying to cleanse (90% on track) for about 4 days now - I made stewed apples, cinnamon, and quinoa for b'fast yesterday and it was amazing. Thanks for your wonderful blog, I've been reading daily!
Love, Dulce