Saturday, May 30, 2009

Speeding up

6 month belly

Life is picking up pace as it always does on the island this time of year. I have not been able to cook as much, as I am working a lot more. Well, I should say I am cooking, just nothing that is all too interesting to write about and take pictures of. Last night we had Kashi 7 Grains with avocado, drizzled in olive oil and lime juice and some roasted kale. It was delicious, and a great simple dinner idea. But if you're looking for some food excitement today, I would love to direct you over to my friend Ali's blog, where she has some great recipes this week, 2 delicious salads and a beautiful and simple raw mango pie. She also waxes poetic about spring and asparagus (is "waxes poetic" a phrase...I may have messed that one up). And then there is Hannah's Harvest, where you will find a beautiful omelette recipe, but also something you won't find here for sometime (at least for another 3 months or so), a delicious spring cocktail!

I am 6 months pregnant tomorrow. It seems that not only life on the island picks up pace, but life in the womb does too! Chopper felt our baby kick for the first time last night. I had just said to him "I hope you are able to feel this baby move soon", then baby Butterfield started moving and a shaking and Chop got a big kick right into the palm of his hand. I was happy to be able to share the movement with him. We have physically moved our home and we our working on moving along on a home closing (buying a house on the mainland) for June, and we are mentally moving along to keep up with our rapidly moving lives. It is nice to share the peaceful, simple movements that are happening inside of me, movements that bring more a smile than stress, with the man.

Trying that first take, no prep picture first thing in the a.m. At least I'm smiling?

5 comments:

Madeline said...

Oooo! What a beautiful belly, and smile (even first thing-sleepy). SO, you are due the end of Aug? Is that right? or the end of Sept.? As for pregnancy brain, I'm relieved that you were afflicted too. You seemed way too brainy and competent and busy here. it's good that your brain is slowing down a bit. : ) It gets better, but may stay a long while.

Alicyn said...

I am loving your photo backdrops with the beautiful painted wood but especially loving getting closer to meeting the sweet baby bok choy !!!

hiking-rhode-island said...

grammy is sending kisses to the "belly"

persephone said...

Hi gals!

I am due Sept 21 (pregnancy is 10 months long! why do they lie?)

Madeline,
Thank you for having the "brainy" impression of me, you may be the only one who sees me that way. That is not WHY I love you, but if I had to count the ways...

DJ Horton said...

Persephone,

Not to worry things will feel like they are slowing down when it gets towards the end of the pregnancy. Treat yourself as well as you would treat your child for you are one and the same.

Miss you. Glad to see you are doing well. I'll let you know if I get out to the island for an extended stay this year.