Friday, November 7, 2008

You too, shall eat again

Day 7. Just as I expected, I am feeling much better today than I did last night mentally. I ended up eating an apple last night, it was almost like "hitting the bottle" it was more for my mental state than for anything else. I figure eating an apple probably isn't too far from drinking the lemonade digestion wise.

A lot of friends and family are asking questions and seem really interested in trying this cleanse for themselves. I am really happy to have inspired some people. I do think that because this does, to some degree, change your relationship to food this could be really positive for people that have never done anything like it. It really just gives a new perspective. Anyway for those that are interested I would like to give a little more info.

--The logistics are drinking the lemonade and doing the flushes twice a day. What I am finding is I've stopped drinking as much lemonade in the morning, because I'm not hungry and I don't feel like it, but that only makes it much harder in the afternoon. So drink consistently. Now that I am so far into this the lemonade was actually starting to taste way to sweet for me so I have cut the maple syrup down to 1/2 a cup. I've also started watering it down. If you are aiming to lose weight by doing this cleanse they also say to decrease the amount of maple syrup.

--The first flush in the morning (SWF), do that before you drink anything else, on an empty stomach. And sip it slowly. On day 3 I chugged the swf because i just wanted to get it over with and ended up throwing it all up. A big salt water puke. That made the day much harder because my stomach felt so empty.

--Aches and pains are normal signs of detoxification. A friend who is also doing this ended up with a fever last night, this again is a sign of deep rooted toxins or virus that was buried in his system being flushed. This is a good thing, otherwise it could lead to future ailments with worse conditions down the road. Get it up and out! Also if you feel this way, take a epson salt bath or if you don't have a bath tub, scrub your body with a loofah in the hot shower. This will help to draw the toxins out through the skin.

--Try to get your partner or someone else to do it with you. Left to his own devices chopper has been cooking up a storm. Its been great to see, but really hard on the senses. Roasted chicken, sauted peppers, homemade chicken soup with sourdough baguette, eggs..its almost too much.

--Journal your experience. This has been a great forum for me. I have gotten so much support, and it gives me something to do with my extra time. Journaling helps to get what you're feeling out, just like you are detoxifying your body, you can detoxify your mind as well.

--Not having to stop and eat, never mind prepare food will give you more time in your day. Maybe on your normal lunch break you can take a short walk instead, or plan something to do for yourself that you wouldn't normally during those meal times. Make these ten days about self care. And know that you will eat again.

No comments: